20060906

Quilting

Before we arrived at the farm I began this quilt. As I sewed, it seemed to become a bigger and bigger project, finally ending at two and half metres square. There's lots of reminders in it. Little girls' dresses, John's old shirt, scraps from a maternity dress, pieces my sister had given me, and lots of old sheets and pillow slips. Tabs have been sewn to the top edge so it can be hung across the front glass doors to keep out the chill.

The kitchen has a whole different feel to it. But now I've gone and started a new one! Well the kitchen window above the sink really needs dressing, too. This time my scraps are forming stars, and it's a handsewn template quilt, so it will take a little longer. Time, however, is something I have a fair bit of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home